Monday, May 13, 2013

Thrifty Living


A couple of weeks ago, my Mom and I made it our "mission" to find me an attractive way to store all of the products that were beginning to excessively flow out of my vanity, bookshelf and closet. 

I'll be honest, by addiction to lotions, facial washes, nail polish and pretty much everything else under the sun was pretty bad (I still don't have it under control!). This overindulgent problem that was constantly occurring, finally motivated my Mom and I to decide to plan a day that would be dedicated to thrifting out consignment shops for the perfect piece. (Sorry, I don't have the shop's name)

I was sure that it was going to be pretty hard to find something to match my room decor and colour scheme. (It's kind of got a French/European feel to it. There main colours are both cream and white, with accents of soft taupe and muted greens) Boy was I right! We had a list of ten stores, and went to seven. Just as I was about to give up, my Mom spotted quite the hidden gem. The man who worked there however, called it a 1960's secretary desk, I tend to disagree.





This beauty is just an ounce lighter than my wall colour, which in and of itself was pure perfection. There is one main door that comes down, and on the front of it, there is a pattern that is in between floral and leafy. There is one shelf on the top and the bottom of the main functional area with the same accent pattern on top of each shelving unit. And inside of the door-ish thing (excuse the grammar mishap) there are about ten small but very deep shelving units. Larger items cannot be stored there, so it's used for my lotions and such.






This piece really does tie my whole room together. It not only minimizes the never ending clutter in my room, but also brightens it up with its soft, creamy colour. By the way, this steal was just ninety-seven dollars. If I may say so myself, that was quite the steal. Especially since there was no bargaining needed! 

Thrifting is my new fetish.

xx
Erinny

No comments:

Post a Comment