Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Product Review: Dior Addict Lip Gloss




I have recently purchased the Dior Addict Gloss in the colour No Angel (353). I must say that at first I was quite sceptical about it, just because it was so expensive (mine was thirty dollars and change). I swatched it in the store and really did love it. It's a very sheer, shimmery pink. I'm inclined to call it a baby pink, but that wouldn't do it justice. 

What about this that drew me in was the packaging. The bottle is a clear plastic (not the cheap kind) rectangle with "Dior" engraved every so slightly into it. Sleek, eh? (I'm Canadian, sorry!) The bottle allows you to see the colour of the product inside, and the fact that there is just half a centimetre separating the end of the bottle and the product, gave it that futuristic feel. The cap follows through with that glass rectangle idea but then, at the very top the design changes. It moves into a circular bubble that is shiny and reflective. Finally - the applicator. Oh. My. Goodness. I have been searching high and low for a paint brush applicator! This slides on super easy and is way easier to manoeuvre as opposed to the regular ones. This is just heavenly! It feels like a I'm getting a massage every time I apply it.

Enough about the packaging, now on to the product. Let me just tell you, this thing took me all throughout the night. Eating and drinking included. I left the house at seven and got back at eleven. When I got home I saw that my new baby was still sitting on my vanity! I looked in to the mirror to see that this gloss barely budged! I was thrilled to know my money was spent on something that was worth while. 

Not only is this miracle fluid long lasting, it also doesn't dry out your lips. You know how lip glosses and lipsticks can leave your lips feeling crackly and just plain gross? This, my friend is the answer to your problems. 

This product is so natural on the lips but adds that extra oomph (is that a word) that I was looking for. In my opinion, everyone needs this product. Definite staple in my makeup drawer! (This may just have to make my May favourites!)

xx
Erinny

No comments:

Post a Comment